Thursday, December 6, 2012


The first picture was easy to find. All you had to do was specify with quotations that I wanted a google search with the results of “Mrs. Henry M. Robert Jr.” and the first result was the picture I was looking for at http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/american_originals/eleanor.html a government site that is very reliable. 



This picture was a little harder to find in my opinion and I had a lot of specifications to use. Some of the key words I used were “background”, “ap newsfeature”. “east”, “United States”. I originally was just on the images tab and kept adding more and more to my search string. But once I moved back to the search tab and clicked on the first link the picture came up. my final search criteria was, "Background" "map" "east" "united states" "arrested" "released" "ap newsfeatures". I have no reason to think that this website is not credible.






For this picture I simply specified the search with everything I could see such as “police department”, “Montgomery”, “J.F. Flake”, “1955”. After I typed those terms in the search bad I quickly found that the first link was what I was looking for. It was a filed complaint of Rosa Parks sitting in the white section of the bus. This site has no reason to not seem credible.




This was the most difficult picture to find. I went from having too many search criteria to too little. I first had (roll call, 32, house of representatives, congress, February, January, 1st, 1964) this was too much and no searches came up with anything but when I shrunk it down to just (roll call, 32, house of representatives, February 1st 1964). Once I looked through some of the links I found it. http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/treasures_of_congress/Images/page_24/72a.html this is a legitimate site because it was a government site.

No comments:

Post a Comment